1) Kid Flash♥!!! - You had to see that one coming. He's just so adorable!
2) DN Angel - It's been a while since we've looked through any of our DN Angel manga, but I'm sure it would still have a calming effect. One year in college, any time we were stressed out about anything, all we had to do was pick up a volume of DN Angel and look through it, and everything felt much better.
3) Saiyuki - Goku makes everything better.
4) Anime Expo - it's like the chairman said. It's not everywhere you can talk to a random stranger who will understand that when you're talking about Bleach, you're not talking about laundry.
5) Danny Phantom! - It was pretty well summed up in a quote in the most recent episode, which I'm going to repeat as closely as I remember, though I'm not sure about the little bit in the middle: "A ghost attacks, we exchange witty banter, I kick his butt, and we all go home having learned a lesson about, oh, honesty or some such nonsense." It's a pretty standard superhero anime formula, but Danny Phantom pulls it off very well, and it makes us happy.
6) Teen Titans - Much as we love the Kid Flash♥, we can't leave out the other Teen Titans. We got so obsessed with Kid Flash♥ that we kind of forgot how cool the members of the main team are (though I think that has something to do with them not being in the show much lately). But last night's episode helped us remember. Did it seem like a commercial for a Teen Titans racing game to anyone else?
7) Tender mercies - We get a heck of a lot of these, and it's nice to know that God is looking out for us. This one should be higher up, but I like to hide it because I have a hard time being sentimental.
8) Cookies and ice cream - two foods that are good for the soul.
9) Final Fantasy IX - How could I forget? I blame sidequesting. Some people say that video games are bad because they stress people out and make them more violent, but FFIX definitely has a calming effect on us. Except when you're trying to figure out the sidequests. Kingdom Hearts goes here too, but... *sniffle*
10) About a million other anime and manga serieses - It's hard to pick only a few. FushigiBoshi no FutagoHime, Happy Seven, Ueki no Housoku, Eyeshield21, Gunparade March, Kaleido Star, Pretear, +ANIMA, Fruits Basket... I do admit that sometimes watching an episode doesn't always make me as happy as I want it to, but all serieses have some episodes you like better than others.
And there you have it. Tadah!!
And now for the thing about songs we're into, from more_dragoncelt!
This one's not as long, so I'm not going to cut it, partially because I'm too lazy to find the right brackets.
List seven songs you are into right now.
No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they're any good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying now. Post these instructions in your LJ along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they're listening to...
We actually try to listen to all our music equally, or fit it to what we're translating (since we've been translating CLAMP no Kiseki, we've had a chance to listen to about everything we've got, since we don't have any CLAMP related CDs), so this one's actually kind of hard, except for the first one.
1) Shinjitsu no Tobira (Yoko Ishida - Gunparade March theme)
2) Shiny Teeth (they played a bit of it on FOP last night and I can't get it out of my head, partly because I like it and don't want to)
3) Little Saint Nick (Electric Mayhem version)
4) Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer (in Japanese, sung by SailorMoon, Mercury, Mars, Jupiter, and Venus)
5) Kaze ni Naritai (Daisuke Niwa (Miyu Irino) - DN Angel)
6) Bless Us All (Tiny Tim - Muppet Christmas Carol (not really listening to it (don't have the soundtrack), but we're still really into it)
7) Towa no Hana (Yoko Ishida - Ai Yori Aoshi theme)
I tried to keep it current, hence all the Christmas songs. It was hard, though, because when I list all the songs we have in my head, I'm like, "Ooh! I love that one!" and then I am into it briefly. And I'm a little sad that no Saiyuki songs are on there, since we really like our Saiyuki CDs, but we haven't been translating Saiyuki lately, so...
Anyway, my new standard rule for tagging people, since we only get tagged by the few people on our list who like being tagged, and they've already been tagged, is to just say, if you haven't been tagged and you want to be, you're it!