As it just so happened, something was up with our Live Journal right after we got done with work. We couldn't view it for some reason. And I didn't want to spend time posting if it wasn't going to work, so we decided to wait and see if it fixed itself. And it did, right after we figured out how to check if the post would be posted regardless of whether or not we could view our journal from our journal. Anyway, it's working now, and that's the important thing.
Now I just have to figure out what to update about.
Right! I just wanted to say that Gakuen Alice volume nine used up the Gakuen Alice quota of non-dialogue (or sound effects) text for about the next two volumes. Shirts, signs, headbands, stuff like that--they are not allowed anymore. ...She says, as if she has any authority. In fact, we were saying that it wasn't allowed for the rest of the volume we were working on, when what should happen but Misaki-sensei had a shirt with text on it and Hotaru had a headband. In the very same panel and everything! This just goes to show that translators are not as cool as they like to think they are *pout*
But that's okay, because we love Gakuen Alice anyway♥
Today, we finally got the copy of Final Fantasy V we ordered, and soon we will have played all the Final Fantasy games in current release! Except for, you know, the long list I gave last time I said Final Fantasy V was the only Final Fantasy we hadn't played. But anything with only a number (and no subtitle), we will have played.
The first time we saw this was at coastal_spirit's LJ, and the instructions were to put anything you've done in bold, so those are the instructions we'll go with (because we like them better).
1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland ♥♥♥
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill They're called "mental health days." And days when you just have to go to Disneyland. Which I guess would also make them mental health days. Though technically, I don't think we've ever worked anywhere where we get sick days. Except when I worked at Disneyland (then I really just had to go to Disneyland), but then when I took the day off, it was because of transportation issues, which is totally allowed.
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice (But we rode Venetian gondolas at Tokyo Disneysea! I don't think it counts, but he did sing that song you think of when you think of gondolas.)
29. Seen a total eclipse Lunar.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied Because true satisfaction has little to do with money.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo's David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight We've camped on a beach, so theoretically, we must have walked on the beach by moonlight, but we don't remember it well enough.
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie (No, but our stuff has! Anyone seen What Lies Beneath?)
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business Fictitious business, but we still get real business junk mail.
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching And! a pod of common dolphins came and swam with our boat and they were the cutest things ever!
63. Got/gave flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi concentration camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job I prefer the term "laid off." The community theatre we worked at assisting the head costumer realized they could hire interns and pay them nothing.
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone Athena yes, me no.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book If you count translating. We haven't written anything ourselves, and we were never really in charge of any of the publication process. Unless, as I said, you count translating.
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible Except Song of Solomon, Athena says. I don't know for sure if I've read the entire Bible, but I'm sure I tried really really hard in seminary.
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
100. Read an entire book in one day
I kind of get the feeling we haven't done most of the stuff on that list. Ah well, we enjoy life without having been to Europe.
Today I'm thankful for our LJ working again, getting to play Final Fantasy V, all the cuteness in Gakuen Alice 9, having room in our schedule to have a Kieli day, and hot running water.