In the meantime,
Post the rules, answer each question truthfully, and tag 3-5 people at the end
01. What was your first cosplay?
That depends on what you want to count. If you only mean Japanese anime, it was Sailor Moon and Sailor Mercury back around April 1996. But if you want to get reeeeeeally technical, we think Athena dressed as Snow White when we were about five? But if Halloween alone doesn't count, we would wear our Flora and Fauna (Sleeping Beauty) costumes around a couple years later.
02. Did someone get you into cosplay? Or on your own?
We drag other people into cosplay. That's how it's been since Sailor Moon. But if you count the Disney stuff... no I think Snow White was Athena's own idea. But dressing Aurora and the rest of us as Sleeping Beauty and the three fairies was Mom's idea.
03. What is your favourite cosplay?
Hmmmm, that depends entirely on our mood. Goku and Hakkai are pretty comfortable and easy to move around in, and easy to put on, and among our most recognizable. But the long flowiness of Eisen and Yasuaki is nice, too, and it's nice to be cute girls occasionally, so it's really hard to choose. I'm also really proud of our Kingdom Hearts costumes, and those are probably everybody else's favorite cosplay of ours, based on how frequently we get stopped for pictures.
04. Which is your least favourite?
Hmmm... Hmmm... I think I block those from my memory. But the ones with lots of pieces do get really hard to put on and wear.
05. At conventions, do people compliment you on your cosplays?
06. How many have you done?
Because counting them shows them off so much better...
1. Sailor Moon and Sailor Mercury
2. Team Rocket (Pokemon)
3. Amiboshi & Suboshi (Fushigi Yuugi)
4. Juri & Miki (Utena)
5. Aya & Omi (Weiss Kreuz)
6. Tarta & Tatra (Rayearth)
7. Aya & Aki (Ayashi no Ceres)
8. Yu & Ai (Final Fantasy: Unlimited)
9. Tatara & Tokaki (Fushigi Yuugi)
10. Goku & Hakkai (Saiyuki)
11. Guu & Seiichi (Hare + Guu)
12. Ban & Kadzuki (GetBackers)
13. Risa & Riku (DN Angel)
14. Julious & Clavis (Angelique Trois)
15. Eisen & Yasuaki (Haruka)
16. Lacus & Meer (Gundam Seed Destiny)
17. Donald & Goofy (Kingdom Hearts)
18. Zorn & Thorn (Final Fantasy IX)
19. Various other Sailor Soldiers
07. What are the top 5 on your list of "Want to Cosplay"?
1. Somebody from Haruka 4 (we're thinking Ashvin and Kazahaya at this point)
2. Iris & Dahlia (Ace Attorney)
3. Hikaru & Kaoru (Host Club)
4. Husky & Senri (+ANIMA)
5. Mion & Shion (Higurashi)
08. What female cosplay do you want to do most?
Iris & Dahlia, I guess. Our "want to cosplay" list tends to be in flux.
09. What male cosplay do you want to do most?
Whoever we choose to do from Haruka 4. Those costumes are gorgeous.
10. What do you prefer to do, make or buy your costumes?
Make. You can't show off a costume you made if you bought it, and we don't trust other people to make them as well.
11. Your most memorable experience? What makes it so memorable?
Right now, it's, "Seki-san called us beautiful! Oh my gosh, he called us beautiful!!!" paired with "And Shokotan called me a genius!!" Memorable for obvious reasons.
12. Your dream cosplay?
We have a few. The biggest, hardest to accomplish, I think would be to get together a group of people cosplaying every job (in both genders if possible) from Final Fantasy Tactics, plus the main story characters. Also, we think it would be nice to have costumes of characters from every series we translate (within reason; we'd have to pass on anthologies). And of course, whenever there's a series we like with pretty costumes, we want a group of all the characters. And when we really like a series, we have dreams of having every costume each character we cosplay has worn. Oh! And FushigiBoshi no FutagoHime! If we could get all the princesses... ooohhh...
13. Is there a pattern in your cosplays? If so, what?
Mostly pairs. You may have noticed *grin* Whenever we don't do a pair, it's because we have more people in our group, so we don't have to specifically be matched up. Another pattern is that characters we think more people will be interested in photographing tend to make it to the top of the list faster.
14. Your most recent cosplay?
Most recently made, Zorn and Thorn. Most recently worn, Amiboshi and Suboshi.
15. What do you prefer? Cosplaying in a group or on your own?
Groups!! Groups groups groups groups groups!!! Cosplay groups are the best. First of all, there are very few things, I think, that are less fun when done with friends. Second, it's a great time had by all. Third, not only are more obscure characters recognized when going around with a group, but also I kind of get the feeling that more obscure serieseses are more likely to be photographed when walking around in a group. Especially if the costumes are impressive enough.
16. We tag baranoneko, setra, rady, more_dragoncelt, and just because we don't know if she's ever done any cosplay or not, lyschan.
Today I'm thankful for fabric stores, cosplay dreams, cosplay memes, any excuse to talk about cosplay really, and wood.