1. What curse word do you use the most?
Any word can become a curse word in the right context and intonation. I personally alternate between dang and darn, but I try to use darn more because "to darn" something is actually to do something good to it, like fix it. Though a lot of the time I also just yell "Arrrrgh!" and shake my fists. Athena tends to use "snap."
2. Do you own an iPod?
We are so technologically behind the times it's not even funny. But we do have a PS3. Almost makes me wonder how that happened.
3. What person on your flist do you talk to the most?
Thinking about it, I think it's actually umadoshi and blackhope, which is kind of unexpected because we only talk to them through e-mail. I suppose you could count celestieall and sarahsocool, since they're our sisters, but they haven't updated LJ in so long I don't know if they really do count.
4. What time is your alarm clock set to?
5. Do you still remember the first person you kissed?
6. Do you remember where you were on 11/9/01?
We were in the dorms at BYU. I remember seeing part of the news report on the TV at the Morris Center while we were waiting for it to be time to go to class. It was also the first night we'd ever left our computer on overnight (we were downloading Inuyasha episodes), something we decided it would be wise not to do much again.
7. Would you rather take the picture or be in the picture?
That depends. Are we cosplaying? But thinking about it, even with cosplay, I think I like the pictures we take the most, because for some reason we can't think of awesome photos for our characters.
8. What was the last movie you watched?
9. Do any of your friends have children?
10. Has anyone ever called you lazy?
We call ourselves lazy all the time. We don't know what other people think.
11. Do you ever take medication to help you fall asleep?
12. What cd is currently in your cd player?
The Final Fantasy X vocal collection.
13. Do you prefer regular or chocolate milk?
14. Has anyone told you a secret this week?
Yes! It's very exciting, too!
15. When was the last time you had Starbucks?
The one and only time we had Starbucks was when Celeste's not-boyfriend lackey took us to see Spider-man 3. It was the Saturday after our birthday, so it would have been May 5th. We both had chocolate frapuccinos, but we didn't like them much because the ground chocolate chips tasted like gravel. People should learn that chocolate chips don't do well in cold drinks.
16. Can you whistle?
Yup! Me more than Athena.
17. What is the first thing you notice about the opposite sex?
The face? I think it's just a general, "Is he cute?" So I guess I'd go with cuteness factor. Athena is definitely the face, though.
18. What are you looking forward to?
Stuff involving that secret, potential trips to Disneyland (and have peanut butter heaven... mmm...), trying out Final Fantasy XI, getting to work on +ANIMA again, Banri Hidaka realizing that you don't have to fill every inch of a page with text...
19. Did you watch cartoons as a child?
A better question would be did we watch anything else? Though the answer to that is decidedly yes, because our parents watched a lot of sitcoms and we watched with them.
20. Do you own any band t-shirts?
Nope. I thought about buying some at AX, but since we never actually went to any of the concerts, it would have been silly.
21. What will you be doing in one hour?
Probably brain training, but maybe watching anime.
22. Is anyone in love with you?
Well, one guy said he was in love with us a couple months back, but he hasn't really talked to us since, so his sincerity is extremely doubtful.
23. What was the last song you heard?
"feel-Remix" on the Final Fantasy X vocal collection.
24. Last time you cried?
A week ago after it hit us that AX was over. Maybe also during Ratatouille or its credits, but I don't remember for sure.
25. Are you on a desktop computer or a laptop?
26. Are you currently wanting any piercings or tattoos?
That's a nope.
27. What’s the weather like?
According to our desktop thingie, it's 99 degrees outside, and looking out the window, it's quite sunny.
28. Would you ever date a girl/guy covered in tattoos?
I don't know. We think most people who would want to be covered in tattoos are the kind of people we wouldn't get along with (different tastes and such), but people surprise you sometimes. Maybe he was covered in tattoos because of an evil curse put on him.
29. What did you do before this?
Snack on pretzels. Before that, work, work, work.
30. When is the last time you slept on the floor?
About a year ago when our anime buddy had a sleepover. It wasn't so bad.
31. How many hours of sleep do you need to function?
That depends on what kind of a time period you're talking about, and in what ways we'd need to function. I know from experience that I can go for two days on only about an hour and a half of sleep, but it makes me very mean. But we generally go for seven or eight hours.
32. Do you eat breakfast daily?
33. Are your days fast-paced?
Nope! Well, depending on whom you ask maybe.
34. What did you do last night?
Um... (short-term memory failing...) Oh yeah! Kingdom Hearts!!!!
35. Do you use sarcasm?
Yup, but maybe not as often as people think we do. Or maybe more than people think we do. People seem to have a hard time telling if we're using sarcasm or not.
36. How old will you be turning on your next birthday?
Twenty-six. We've been feeling old for ten years now. That's the problem with watching too many cartoons.
37. Are you picky about spelling and grammar?
Yes, but more especially when dealing with people who also claim to be picky about spelling and grammar. Like when Sarah tried to tell us that it was funny that we were so careful to pronounce the E in enunciate, because the word is annunciate. We looked it up later and found out that the word we wanted was, in fact, enunciate.
38. Have you ever been to Six Flags?
Once in fifth grade. I think maybe another time in sixth. Six Flags Magic Mountain. But we far prefer Disneyland, which explains why we haven't been to Six Flags so much.
39. Do you get along better with the same sex or the opposite sex?
40. Do you like mustard?
Athena says no. I think I might like to try it some time, since I like "hot" foods, but I'm kind of afraid of it.
41. Do you sleep on your side?
42. Do you watch the news?
Only fake news.
43. How did you get one of your scars?
I have one on my forehead from when I hit it on the merry-go-round at the park across the street from our apartment years and years ago, and one on my eyebrow from a dog biting me when I hugged it too tightly. Athena has one on her legs from a hot glue gun.
44. Who was the last person to make you mad?
We've been getting mad a lot lately... But we've been keeping it to ourselves. I think the last time I let somebody know they were making me mad was when Dad was pushing us to work on getting to Otakon and we were tired from AX.
45. Do you like anybody?
Sure! Most of our favorite people are fictional though. Maybe we should get a life or something.
46. What is the last thing you purchased?
Aww, we went to the store today and got MacDonald's on Tuesday or else it could have been Tide-Line Blue DVDs. Or movie tickets to Ratatouille. But actually it's envelopes, milk, and some candy bars.
47. What side of the heart do you draw first?
I actually don't know, but Athena draws the left side, starting at the point. I guess I do mine from the left starting at the middle.
48. Can you dive without plugging your nose?
I always thought a dive was with your hands over your head, which would make that a physical impossibility, so no. But we can jump into water headfirst or otherwise without plugging our noses, yes.
49. What colour is your razor?
Blue and disposable.
50. What is your blood-type?
A!! Positive? Athena thinks it's positive.
51. Who would you want to be tied to for 24 hours?
You mean besides each other? I'm sure we could come up with a bunch. Maki Sugimoto comes to mind first, because we're working on his series. Athrun... Kira... Sora... Riku... Tamaki... Yeah, I think I could handle Tamaki for a day. Maybe.
52. What is a rumour someone has spread about you?
Oh the rumors that went around our current ward. We were so annoyed no one bothered to ask us. Apparently there was one that we were raised in Japan. We were just sad it didn't involve growing up with tengu, but we figure most people over here don't know what tengu are. Still, they could have gone with wolves or Akita dogs or something.
53. How do you feel about carrots?
They look cute and go well with rabbit characters, but for eating... ew.
54. How many chairs at the dining room table?
We think two right now.
55. Which is the best Spice Girl?
When we compared the Spice Girls to the girls in our family, I was Scary Spice and Athena was Ginger Spice, mostly because Aurora was so Posh Spice, Sarah was the baby (so Baby Spice), and Celeste (the athlete of the family) was Sporty Spice. Not that we actually know anything about the Spice Girls.
56. Do you know what time it is?
Around five? *looks at clock* 5:08
57. Do you know all the words to the Fresh Prince Theme Song?
58. What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator?
Probably wait, maybe impatiently, for it to start moving again.
59. What’s your favourite kind of gum?
Oh, all British. We're not really into gum, though.
60. T or F: All’s fair in love and war?
False. Morals and stuff.
61. Do you have a crush on anyone?
Well, there's Maki Sugimoto... Athrun... Kira... Sora... Riku... Tamaki...
62. Do you know how to use some words correctly, but not know the meaning?
Well, theoretically we speak two languages, so probably, Athena says. But we like to look words up before we use them, just to make sure.
63. Do you like to sleep?
Yes, but not nap.
64. Do you know which US states don’t use Daylight Savings Time?
There was a guy in college who acted like Arizona was all superior and all the other states were stupid for using Daylight Savings Time. And now we hear Hawaii doesn't use it either.
65. Do you know the song Total Eclipse of the Heart?
66. Do you want a bright yellow ‘06 mustang?
If we were to get a car right now, I'd want it to be either a Jeep Wrangler, a Prius, or one of those hydrogen cars we heard about a while back.
67. What’s something you’ve always wanted?
There's like a million things but as soon as we're asked...
68. Do you have hairy LEGS?
69. Would you rather swim in the ocean or a lake?
Athena thinks ocean, I think not so much on either.
70. Do you wear a lot of black?
Nope. We like colors.
71. Describe your hair:
Brown like Belle's from Disney's Beauty and the Beast, long enough that we can sit on a few inches of it. When left down, it has a slight wave like Lacus's in Gundam Seed, but we usually keep it in one braid (each). No bangs.
72. Do you have Entomophobia?
Not really, but sometimes when extra stressed, bugs are creepier than usual.
73. Are you an adult?
On the one hand we hate to admit it, but on the other, sometimes I wish more people would grow up.
74. Where is/are your best friend(s)?
In our apartment.
75. Do you have a tan?
I think after our trips to Disneyland and AX our skin has gone from ghastly white to something resembling maybe a healthy color.
76. Are you a television addict?
No, but we have a hard time letting ourselves miss certain shows.
77. Do you enjoy spending time with your mother?
Depends. Is Steve around?
78. Are you a sugar freak?
Oh yeah, baby.
79. Do you like orange juice?
Yes, but only pulp-free.
80. What sign are you?
In other news, today we learned that air conditioning is important for keeping up morale. Work went sooooo sloooow today. It picked up towards the end though, so hopefully tomorrow won't be so bad. If it does keep up, though, we're going to have to tell Dad that we can't make it to Otakon. Or we could ask our boss at TokyoPop to extend our deadline, but we've been working so hard to keep up our record of never being past deadline or having to ask for an extension. Or we could, you know, work more hours. Psh. We'll see.
Today I'm thankful for the random thank you thread at the AX forums, morale boosters, work picking up, chances to talk about ourselves, and French vanilla ice cream.