But because of the running-late-ness, and having Family Home Evening tonight, and Heroes being on, it was looking like we wouldn't get any time at all to play Final Fantasy XII today. This would have been very sad, as we haven't played it since Friday (okay, so maybe it wouldn't have been that sad, really, but when you've got an obsession...). But then we remembered! The Daily Show is in reruns this week for Thanksgiving, so we can stay up as late as we want playing video games! It's a miracle!
Also, baranoneko and setra posted this neat meme on their journals, comparing their fandoms to lovers. And even though we didn't post any guesses on any of them, we're taking the meme anyway.
1. A lot of people look down on your kind for being too geeky, and I must confess I had a hard time understanding you at first, even though I loved your voice. I had almost forgotten about you when a friend encouraged me to see you again, and it wasn't long before I was madly in love. Sure, you made me want to throw things at times, but you always came through in the end. (Gundam Seed)
2. We first met on a blind date. They say it takes the human brain three seconds to get a first impression of someone, and mine had me a little wary. But I didn't give up on you, and I'm glad I didn't. You became one of my greatest loves, and when I was stressed out, you always knew exactly what to say. Your cute smile helped a lot, too. You don't come by as often anymore; I'm starting to miss you. (DN Angel)
3. I have to admit I really didn't like your look at first, but there was something irresistible about your attitude. You have your dark moments and violent temper, but deep down there's something there that always makes me smile. I think of you as the "bad boy" of all my loves, but you've been the most faithful, and even now, you still come by with something new. (Saiyuki)
4. At first, our relationship was strictly professional. You were kind of cute, but you didn't seem to have much personality. But as I got to know you more and more, I came to realize how sweet you really are. I know you'll be leaving my life sometime soon, but I'll treasure the memories we had.(Ai Yori Aoshi)
5. To be honest, when I first saw you, I thought you looked pretty dorky. But I knew your brothers, and out of respect for them I gave you a chance. (It helped that I didn't have to pay for the first date.) And something just clicked. It wasn't long before I was head over heels in love with you, and now I sometimes have a hard time understanding why your brothers are so much more popular. It must be their fancy hair.(Final Fantasy IX)
6. You smiled at me in a crowded room one July, but I didn't think I had the means to pursue you. If only I had, our relationship could be so much deeper. I saw your name a few times after that, but I never really got to know you until last April. At first I wasn't sure what I'd gotten myself into, and was afraid I had made a mistake. You soon proved me wrong, and I'm glad, because I found you hard to resist even if it had been wrong. My passion for you was great, and you taught me how to love again. I only regret that someone else got to you first.(Host Club)
7. By all rights, I shouldn't like you at all. You stand for everything I hate. You even proved to me again why I hate what you stand for (boys can do stupid things to their hair without your help, thank you very much). But your innocence, your sincerity, your optimism... You stand for everything I hate, but also for many things that I love.(Eyeshield21)
8. When we first met, a friend of mine had her eyes on you, so I held back. She seemed rather possessive, so it wasn't until fate intervened that I got to know the real you, even though you were popular with many of my friends and acquaintances. It wasn't until fate intervened that I got to know the real you, and work prevents me from knowing you as well as I'd like. Sometimes I get jealous of the girls who have a clearer glimpse into who you are.(Fruits Basket)
9. You are indeed my knight in shining armor, my prince charming. I was in love with you when I first heard rumors of your existence, the product of a marriage between two I hold a deep and lasting fondness and admiration for. Unfortunately, I didn't get to meet you quite as soon as I'd hoped, but during that time I never doubted you'd be all I had ever hoped, and indeed you were that and more. I deeply, deeply regret having let you be taken away from me so long ago, and I eagerly await the day we can be together again.(Kingdom Hearts)
We had fun coming up with those last night, but actually typing them out made me want to gag. Still, I think they're pretty fun. But hecka cheesy.
Tonight I'm thankful for Thanksgiving miracles, Celeste buying us Jack in the Box, french toast sticks, knights in shining armor, and being able to eat curly fries.
EDIT: Answers are up!