Also today at church, we ran into the guy who said he'd loan us some comic books, and he had actually brought them today! Yay!!!! So now we have a box and a half of comics and can start our sound effect glossary. It will be awesome.
The only problem with all the awesome is that I had a hard time paying attention to any of the lessons because I was busy trying to remember all the stuff we'd taken pictures of. But we had a great discussion in Athena's class. I told the Relief Society President I was sad because my favorite part of Relief Society is playing the piano for the hymns, and that was taken away from me (I meant to say, but don't know if I did, that it was because when things start late, we only sing one verse of the opening hymn, and when things close late we sing one verse of the closing hymn if we're lucky). She misunderstood because today was the day the formally called us to be the ward librarians, and I'm afraid I may have been too accusing. But I want to play all the verses, dangit!
Also, now is probably a good time to post that meme we've been tagged for, so here goes! Tagged by more_dragoncelt
List five truths. Five things that are on your mind. Good, bad, it matters not. Lift some weight off. Then pick five people to do the same.
1. Athena hates internet speak with a passion. Not all of it, just specific ones. Like "ur" for "your," "srsly" for "seriously," things that make people who normally sound like very intelligent people seem like not-so-intelligent people. Of biggest annoyance is the "OMGWTFBBQ" thing. For me this is especially bad coming from people who don't normally swear (not that I like swearing from people who normally swear), because we learned right off what those abbreviations stand for, and when we see them, we read them as they would be spelled out (maybe it's all the kanji). And BBQ is just annoying. And while we're on the subject, eleventy-one is getting old.
2. I enjoy many reality shows. I don't think it's right that people either love all of them or hate all of them, because there are a lot of really good ones and a lot of really bad ones. It seems like most people only think of The Real World, Cops, and the shows where they have like twenty people living together and getting eliminated each episode until only the winner remains. But there's a lot more to reality shows than that. There's Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, While You Were Out, Trading Spaces, What Not to Wear, heck even Jeopardy! and Wheel of Fortune are reality shows. And of course let's not forget The Crocodile Hunter, which I think is a cross between documentary and reality. I think that "reality show" is more a medium than a genre, much like "anime."
3. We don't follow politics nearly enough to really choose sides, but we definitely seem to have more Democratic leanings. This probably comes from a combination of growing up with Democrat parents (sometimes I wonder how most Hugh Nibley fans would react to learning he was a Democrat), growing up in the Los Angeles area, and only getting our news from The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.
4. We strongly believe that if you want to get a job doing something you like, keep doing that thing whether it's for a job or not (if you volunteer or do an internship, you can put it on your resume!), and eventually someone will pay you for it. It may not be the best way to become filthy stinking rich, but someone once said somewhere that if you find something you love doing and find a way to get paid for it, you'll never work a day in your life. And we're all about the avoiding work. I wonder if the key is finding something you love doing so much you'd do it even if no one pays you...
5. Sometimes I feel like I should talk about my religion more, but I have a very hard time doing it, despite having a testimony which I think is pretty strong. Almost any time I mention actual content of something I heard at church or at conference or somewhere, it makes me feel all squirmy, as Athena accurately describes it. I'm working on it, but I think I have a ways to go.
I think I always have bad luck tagging people because I had bad luck once. But here goes (do not feel pressure to respond):
blackhope (okay, so that's cheating because he's on a mission, but I think he'd respond if he wasn't)
Today I'm thankful for having AX06 pictures, temporarily having a box and a half of comics, knowing Riku's theme well enough to have it stuck in my head, Classic American Peanut Blossom cookies, and the new TV season finally starting this week!
EDIT: We now have a new default icon! Okay, so I don't think Starfire and Blackfire are twins (I've never read the comics; I don't know for sure), but they look alike and are played by the same actress, and we like the icon, so there you have it. We also got a new Kid Flash♥ icon, since the one we used to have was just a temporary one until we could make or get a better one. Both were made by sociologique and posted on good_tt_icons